Hope, Healing and Renewal. These words describe the goal New Hope for Kids strives to meet for the families who look to us for help. With this mission in mind, we look to you for help. We cannot exist without our amazing family of over 200 volunteers.
The Central Florida community is our home, and it is a privilege to give of our time, energy and talents for those in need. Will you help?
- Work with children support groups at the Center for Grieving Children
- Facilitators encourage the expression of grief through grief-appropriate play and other activities such as arts, interactive play and painting
- A 16 hour training program is required in order to work directly with the children followed by experiential training during actual grief groups
- A one year commitment of service is required for one day or evening a week, every other week: M,T, Th 5-8pm or W 3-5pm
- Male & Spanish-speaking grief facilitators are always needed
- Click here for more information about becoming a Grief Facilitator
- Teams take a child’s wish from its inception and secure donations, assist with granting the wish and become a part of the “Wish” family’s lives through personal contact and monthly family activities.
- Do research by phone and/or internet. This entails searching for best prices or accommodations, site-seeing tours, celebrity contacts, etc.
- Accompany the Wish Program Director on home visits, wish celebrations and special events.
- Send birthday cards to the “Wish” kids.
- Arrange wish celebrations (i.e. location, refreshments, special effects, etc.)
- Help is needed Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm
- Typing, filing and mail-outs
- Volunteer record keeping and computer entry
Grief Center Assistance:
- Support in answering the phones and making reminder phone calls
- Group preparations including cleaning and sanitizing
- Organize the group rooms and restocking of supplies
- Assist with gardening, pruning, planting and cleaning outside furniture
- Greeters for before and after support groups
Special Family Events:
- Host, secure donations, decorate and greet guests for family events
- Chair or be a part of the committee to plan monthly activities for New Hope for Kids families
- Help provide refreshments for many family events held at the Grief Center
- Assist in set up, registration, silent auctions and other facets of fundraising events
- Chair or be a part of the committee to plan fundraising events
- Staff booths at events and health fairs
- Become a part of the Speaker’s Bureau to represent New Hope for Kids at various speaking engagements