- This event has passed.
Grief Facilitator Training
October 4, 2014 - October 5, 2014
The children who attend the Center for Grieving Children are guided along the path of healing by trained facilitators. You can be a part of this journey by volunteering as a trained grief facilitator and experience the fulfillment of helping children find ways to cope with their grief and move towards hope, healing and happiness.
- Grief Facilitators work with children support groups
- Facilitators encourage the expression of grief through grief-appropriate play and other activities such as arts, interactive play and painting
- Facilitators learn a helping model based on a peer support approach
- A 25 hour training program is required in order to work directly with the children
- Facilitators are asked to commit to this effort for a one-year period
- A Volunteer’s assigned group meets twice a month from 5pm – 8pm
- Training Course fee: $35.00
- Spanish-speaking grief facilitators are always needed