- This event has passed.
Grief Facilitator Training
August 20, 2016 - August 21, 2016
The children who attend the Center for Grieving Children are guided along the path of healing by trained facilitators. You can be a part of this journey by volunteering as a trained grief facilitator and experience the fulfillment of helping children find ways to cope with their grief and move towards hope, healing and happiness.
- Facilitators encourage the expression of grief through grief-appropriate play and other activities such as arts, interactive play and painting
- At least 16 years of age and have parental consent if under 18 years of age
- Must not have experienced a death in the past year
- A 16 hour training program is required in order to work directly with the children followed by experiential training during actual grief groups
- A one year commitment of service is required for one day or evening a week, every other week:
M,T, Th 5-8pm or W 3-5pm
- Pre-interview required
- Training course fee of $35.00 (please advise if hardship)
- Must submit to and pass a background screening
- Male & Spanish-speaking grief facilitators are always needed
For more information or to find out about our training schedule, contact:
Gloria Capozzi, Volunteer & Marketing Manager